Thursday, January 7, 2010

my new year resolution lesson 1


peanuts rice

steam fish with taufu

Fried 'bo' vege

'lou sui' chicken wing

If 2 months ago, u ask me to cook. My answer will be NO NO NO! Let's go out and eat! =P
Last time i used to think it's ok to don't know how to cook, as long as u find a boyfriend who can cook. hahahaha! Actually i was kind of 'proud' for not be able to cook. Very wayward ya.

It's not be able to cook, or not willing to learn?! I think i'm the second one. I don't want to learn how to cook, so that i can be taking care of. The feeling of being 'feed' is good. Well, it's time to grow up, Elaine!

Almost at the end of 2009, i had this resolution. I want to learn cooking. Learn from the very basic. Cook rice, fried vege. Simple dinner. Those usual meal that every family have.

Initially i was thinking to join cooking class. But the timing is bad, i can't make it for class every week. Thank God for Ivy Jie, an aunty in my church. When i approach her, she straight say YES. somemore FOC! Cool ya!

It was fun learning from Ivy Jie. She brought me to wet market, teach me how to choose fish, teach me how to identify vege. So many to learn. I should have learn it from mummy way before, when i was at home. Hmmm...never too late, i believe. =)

Pray that i will have the determination to continue. =)

4 comments:

  1. compare with wat u cook for me before u go to hong kong, really got improvement wor...:)

    see wat u cook before this:
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/_SbxIuClVLTc/S1dS2UxzZSI/AAAAAAAAApo/G6LxSLv8pig/s800/15072008(001).jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha!! what is that!? did i cook that?! So horrible! =P
    when was that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. when was that??? u "Sat Yek" ar? a week before u go to hong kong, u cook at ur subang house...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya meh?! so horrible! Thank God u din get poison. =P

    ReplyDelete