Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Big Tree

Mum happen to brought a tour to HK. Oh ya, by the way, for those who don't know, my mum no longer running her restaurant T&L. She sold the business off, and she is part time tour leader now. Tour leader is different than tour guide. She just need to bring those people who join the tour from Kuantan to wherever, and pass it to the local tour guide. Sounded pretty easy, isn't it?! That is NOT true at all.

If not because i were there to witness the whole scenario, i won't believe how tough the job is. My goodness!!! It is a 40 people tour. Age range from 35's to 65's. Each age range have their own interest, the best part is...they don't seems to compromise each other.
Those who are younger, they want to go EVERYWHERE! Those who are more senior, they just want to go back hotel and rest. Gosh! So, mum have to do double work lo... Have to send those back to hotel and go out with the younger group.

If u think they will appreciate my mother hard work, then you are SO WRONG! They never appreciate my mother hard work. They just have the mentality that they PAID for the tour, they shall be the KING.

Haih...for all you know, they only paid RM1599 for 6 days trip, Macau-Shenzhen-HK. Includes air fare, accommodation, transport and meals. If they think they are paying ALOT, i really don't know what to say. Come on, for such a low tour fees, of cause not includes EVERYTHING right!? So, some of the extra tourist spot like Wax Museum, of cause need to top up la... Then they started to complain. -___-!!!

I never see my mother being so patient before. Even how messy the whole situation was, my mother never even show face. Not even a hint. She just keep quiet, keep smiling. Can u believe they took 1 hour to check-in in the airport?! A special counter only check-in for their 40 people group, also took them 1 hour!!
The check-in ground staff already went crazy, but my mother still stayed calm.

*a round of applause for my mother* *clap clap clap*

My mother is like a Big tree in my family, Me and my brothers are the flower and small tree besides it. Besides getting their nutrition from big tree, when it's getting too sunny, the big tree will be blocking the sun for them. Prevent them from being 'hangus'.
When there are thunder storm, the big tree will protect them from flying off. At the end of day, the big tree is having all the hurts and pain from the strong sun and thunder storm.

This is the Big Tree in my family, my beloved mother. I love you.

8 comments:

  1. i envy your relationship with your mum....
    i don't think i can have that with my mum lo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok. U have it with my mum. U both r 'SISTER', remember?! kakaka!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i wanna make sure she is my JI MUI on my wedding day...she ROCKS man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. huang yi ling, when u wan to intro ur mum to me ha? u still got 9 months to play only... haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wen How: 9 months?? What is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. haih...y u always forget our 约定 one...haih...

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo...i remember now. Ok Ok!! I miss u la..how r u lately?

    ReplyDelete