Thursday, April 15, 2010

Aircraft engine failure

Hmmm...this is my first time experience engine failure in Cathay.
Happen on Barbara and Captain Soo before when i was still Firefly.

On the 9th of April, I was on my way to Auckland.
During my rest period, the whole aircraft was vibrating.
The vibration was so bad, until i can't have my rest.
I thought it's just bad weather. Never cross my mind was an engine failure.

After i woke up from my rest, the crew told me there were no power supply in the aircraft.
We almost need to do our drinks service in the dark.
Just before we start our service, power went on again. Thank God!! =)

It was a slight delayed, but the flight went like normal until we landed safely in Auckland.
The moment we enter the crew bus, on our way to the hotel, all the crew started to ask what's happen just now?!
The second officer told us the whole story.

One of the engine failed half way down the road.
That's why the whole aircraft was vibrating.
Captain decided to turn off some of the power supply in the aircraft to save up some energy.
Thank God it was Airbus 340 with 4 engines.
The pilots estimated that we still can reach Auckland with 3 engines.
Just that it will be slower than usual.

After confirming that there was not engine fire. No smoke, no fire.
Captain decided to turn back on the failed engine.
Thank God, it's works!!

Actually, i have no idea how stressful those pilots were.
I was just happily carried out my usual service.
I was just speechless when i heard the whole story after we landed.
How can i be so ignorance when i was on the flight!?
I don't even feel the danger.




Yesterday another Cathay aircraft from Surabaya had engine failure and landed emergency in the airport.
Oh my goodness!! I can't imagine that.
I think most probably my hand will be still shaking if i were operated that flight.
Gosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment